Three ingredients is all you need to make this simple slow cooked Dr Pepper BBQ pulled pork.
I can’t believe that I have never shared my favorite way to make bbq pulled pork. I make this all the time. It is one of my family’s favorite meals.
It is so easy to make and only contains three ingredients. Three ingredients. That is all.
We love this on hamburger buns or bread or simply just shredded and served.
The measurements on this are just basic. You can vary it depending on the size of roast that you have. This also works with chicken or beef, although pork is our favorite.
BBQ pulled pork freezes great. I let it cool completely and freeze it in a zip top type bag. It makes a great freezer meal.
- 3 pound pork roast
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce
- 12 ounces Dr. Pepper
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- In a bowl or measuring cup combine bbq sauce and Dr. Pepper. Pour over pork.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until it is tender and meat is falling apart.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred meat using two forks or use your mixer to shred the meat.
- Pour about 1 cup of liquid from the slow cooker on shredded meat and mix well. Add some bbq sauce if desired.
- Serve as is or on buns or bread.
You can vary the roast size if you want. I use anywhere from a 3 pound to a 5 pound pork roast.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 32g