Soups are perfect this time of year. I don’t think anything tastes better on a cold winter day than a bowl of hot soup.
I love to make soups because they are usually a meal in a bowl. Yes, you can add some bread or something else to it, but you do not need to. A bowl of soup is usually enough on it’s own.
I especially like this soup because it is a slow cooked soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lbs of potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1 inch chunks
- 3 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 5 ounces of swiss cheese shredded
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- In the crockpot combine cooked onion, garlic, potatoes, and chicken broth.
- Cook on low about 4 hours or until potatoes are almost done.
- Add corn, milk, and cream.
- Cook another 30 minutes to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and ingredients are heated through.
- Stir in cheese, place into bowls, and sprinkle each bowl with bacon pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.