Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins are bakery style muffins made at home!
It is no secret that my family loves muffins. I have said it before and I will probably say it again. We love them for breakfast, lunches, snacks, and desserts.
We love that you can make a big batch and keep them in the freezer for quick meals.
I love experimenting with different kinds of muffins, but my kids always love the ones that involve chocolate the best. Today’s recipe contains chocolate which means is it one I came up with for my kids.
This recipe can be made with regular flour or with Bob’s Red Mill gluten free blend. I love recipes that work well made both the regular way and the gluten free way.
I make all kinds of gluten free muffins using individual flours. Using individual gluten free flours usually gives the best result, but in this recipe Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free blend works great. The sour cream in the recipe gives it a great taste and texture, even with the gf blend. (This recipe may work with other gf blends, but I have only tried it with Bob’s 1 to 1)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour or Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free blend for a gf muffin
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (Regular chocolate chips work too if you do not have mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with liners or grease well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl combine egg, sour cream, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into muffin cups filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g