I love lemon. I love just about anything lemon, especially desserts. Besides chocolate, lemon desserts are my favorite. I have loved lemons since I was kid. Lemon pie is my favorite lemon dessert.
Years ago, my best friend’s mom made a really good lemon pie. It was so good, one of the best I had ever had. But it was different, not a lemon meringue pie, it was a sour cream lemon pie. I loved the pie. I got the recipe from her and saved it. I never made it until after I was married, but I remembered that lemon pie. I have now made this pie many times. I have taken it to church dinners, picnics, and family gatherings.
I made it a couple of weeks ago for the lunch I made for my husband’s office. Everyone at the office loved the pie. This is a great summertime dessert and a nice change from your average lemon pie.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 ½ tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, juice, egg yolks and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in butter and cool mixture to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream and pour filling into pie shell.
- Store in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.