I can not remember the last time I bought frozen french fries.
I know many of you probably buy them all the time, but they are an item I rarely purchase.
I prefer to make homemade oven fries. Homemade fries are so easy and taste so much better than a store bought french fries.
Not only are they easy to make, there are so many different variations that you can do. I have several different versions I make. We love my Parmesan potatoes and also my seasoned oven fries, but today I have yet another version of oven fries for you.
These are my Spicy Oven fries.
They are not overly spicy, but we love them. If you like a little more heat to your food just add some chili powder or red pepper.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- In a small bowl mix together spices and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together oil and sliced potatoes and coat well.
- Add spices and coat well.
- Spread potatoes onto a shallow baking dish or baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes or until done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.