Tomato mozzarella saute is a simple and delicious side dish.
It is healthy and easy to make. And the best part is that it only calls for a few ingredients. So easy and so good! I love recipes like that.
Now for a question. Do you like or buy fresh mozzarella cheese? I love to use it during the summer time because it pairs so nicely with tomatoes. It is also delicious on pizza. What are your thoughts on it?
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- In a skillet heat oil and cook onion until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Taste of Home