This is a classic and simple recipe. You will find this simple technique in cookbooks from years ago, but you will also find updated versions in modern cookbooks.
This is an inexpensive, yet fairly healthy meal. We like to serve this with toast and fruit.
These eggs in cream work well for breakfast, lunch, or even a simple dinner.
Have you ever cooked your eggs this way?
- 8 eggs
- 8 tablespoons of cream
- 4 ramekins
- Place 2 tablespoons of cream into each ramekin.
- Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake eggs at 425 degrees for 10-14 minutes.
- If you like soft cooked eggs cook closer to 10 minutes and if you like harder yolks cook at least 14 minutes.
- You can also sprinkle these with herbs and/or grated cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 406mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.