Blueberries and oatmeal mixed together in a breakfast muffin. Delicious!
Oatmeal and blueberries work great in a breakfast muffin. The flavors go together well and the oatmeal makes them a hearty and healthy breakfast choice.
These blueberry oatmeal muffins also freeze great. I love to make a large batch of breakfast muffins and keep them in the freezer. My kids love it when I keep both these blueberry ones and my pumpkin oatmeal muffins in the freezer. It makes breakfast quick and easy on busy days.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats ( Use gluten free oats if you are gluten free)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipping cream- you can use all milk, but it won't be as rich and creamy
- 2 cups blueberries, I usually use frozen, but fresh works also.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients, except blueberries and combine well.
- Carefully stir in blueberries
- Scoop batter into a greased or paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.