Broccoli Chicken Salad is a great main dish salad for summer or any time of year.
Broccoli salad is one of my favorite salads to take to picnics and potlucks. It is easy to make and so many people love it.
I make my broccoli salad a little differently than most people though. I leave the fruit out. I have never been a fan of raisins or craisins in my broccoli salad, so I make it without the fruit.
This broccoli chicken salad is adapted from my favorite broccoli salad recipe. It turns a side dish salad into a main dish.
You probably noticed that there is more than just broccoli in this salad. That is because I love to make it with a mix of broccoli and cauliflower.
You can make this salad with all broccoli, all cauliflower, or a mix of both.
Add in some chicken, bacon, cheese, and homemade dressing and you have a delicious main dish salad.
I love how easy this is to make. It lasts for a couple of days, so it makes a great salad to make for lunches during the week.
- 6 sliced of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl combine bacon, broccoli, cauliflower, chicken, and cheese. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add to the broccoli mixture.
- Stir to combine well. For best flavor cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
This salad can be made with all broccoli, all cauliflower, or a mix of both.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 645mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g