All the flavors of fajitas in a delicious chicken fajita pasta recipe.
Fajita pasta is a great quick and easy recipe. The recipe uses cooked chicken so it is a great way to use up leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
This recipe came about after I tried a recipe that didn’t turn out right. The original recipe was a one pot recipe.
You cooked the chicken and then added the vegetables. After that, you added the liquid and uncooked pasta and cooked until the pasta was done.
It did not turn out well at all. The flavor was great, but the texture of the pasta was just not right.
I love one pot meals. My one pot spaghetti is a family and reader favorite. But not all one pot pasta recipes work. The original recipe that I followed was one that did not work well.
So I set out to create something similar, with all the same flavors, but that wasn’t a one-pot meal.
After some trial and error, I came up with a chicken fajita pasta recipe that we loved.
If you need a quick and easy recipe this week give chicken fajita pasta a try!
Is chicken fajita pasta gluten free?
This recipe is so easy to make gluten free. All you need to do to make it gluten free is use gluten free pasta and read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free.
Cooked chicken, peppers, tomatoes, pasta, seasoning, and a few other ingredients are all you need for this easy pasta dinner.
- cooked chicken
- green, red, yellow, or a combination of peppers
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- pasta or gluten free pasta
- canned tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- cream cheese
- shredded cheese
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 green, red, yellow, or a combination of peppers, sliced or chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces pasta or gluten free pasta, penne, spiral, or macaroni will work find
- 1-14.5 ounce canned tomatoes
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, but reserve a little bit of pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking heat oil in a large skillet or pan.
- Add peppers and onions.
- Cook until peppers and onions are tender.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, drained pasta, and cooked chicken. Add a little of the reserved pasta water if needed for desired consistency.
- Stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Use gluten free pasta and read labels for gluten free version.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 736mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.