I posted about this recipe several months ago when I posted about a lunch I took to my husband’s office. Several of you asked for me to post the recipe and I did not get it done. I am sorry about that. But today, I finally have it for you.
The main reason I never got the recipe posted was that I had to rewrite it quite a bit before I posted it. I have had this recipe for years. In fact I remember my best friend’s mom making this when I was a teenager. This recipe comes from a church/family type cookbook from the town I grew up in. It was put together by someone I knew in memory of a relative. Most of the recipes come from her family.
The cookbook has a lot of good old fashioned type recipes in it, but many of the directions are not the best. So, I had to rework this one and update it. I finally got that all done, so I hope you enjoy it. I also hope that my directions make better sense than theirs did.
This recipe is not your typical lasagna recipe. It has more of a creamy white sauce with chicken in it. I am sure a good Italian would not approve of this recipe. However, it is really good and a nice change from regular lasagna. It is always popular when I make it.
- 4 cups of cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese; this recipe calls for the stuff in the green can not the real stuff 🙂
- 1 can olives, 4 ½ ounce, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 box of lasagna noodles, 10 ounces, cooked
- In a bowl mix together the first seven ingredients. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan spread about ½ cup of chicken/cheese sauce.
- Then spread a layer of noodles and a layer or cheese and then sauce again. Continue until you have three layers of noodles.
- Make sure to end with sauce and cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 covered for 40 minutes then uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1133mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 31g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.