If you need a quick and easy dinner for this week Chicken Peanut Noodles is a delicious choice!
Years ago, before my daughter developed her peanut allergy, I made a chicken peanut noodle dish that my family loved.
It was a quick and easy dinner that was perfect for any night of the week. The leftovers also made for great lunches the next day.
When my daughter recently spent a week visiting family I knew that it was my chance to make my chicken peanut noodles recipe again. (And then I promptly cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom before she came home. But it it was worth all the extra work.)
- creamy peanut butter
- chicken broth
- lemon juice
- soy saucec
- Sriracha hot sauce
- spaghetti or gluten free pasta
- cooked chicken
- red, yellow, or orange pepper
- peanuts, optional
This recipe is gluten free if you use gluten free soy sauce and gluten free pasta and read labels to make sure the rest of your ingredients are gluten free.
The peanuts and peanut butter are what give this the peanut flavor. You can use an alternative to peanut butter, but the taste will not be the same. I have tried this with Sunbutter and it just wasn’t the same.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce ( use gluten free soy sauce for gf version)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti or gluten free spaghetti
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups julienne carrots
- 1 red, yellow, or orange pepper, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, chicken broth, lemon juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions. Drain.
- While spaghetti is cooking heat oil in pan. Add carrots and peppers. Cook until tender.
- Add garlic and chicken. Cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl or pan combine cooked pasta, chicken and vegetables, and peanut sauce.
- Stir in peanuts if using.
- Serve and enjoy.
For gluten free version use gluten free soy sauce and gluten free pasta. Also read labels to make sure the ingredients are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 662mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.