Today for Ground Beef Thursday I have a really quick and easy skillet rice dinner for you.
And I am beginning to sense a theme with Ground Beef Thursdays. Not only have most of them been inexpensive recipes to make, but they have all been pretty quick and easy to make, which makes them even better.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheese-either cheddar or monterey jack cheese works
- In a pan brown ground beef with onion and garlic until beef is done and onion is tender.
- Add tomato juice, chili beans, water, oregano, salt, and rice. Cover and cook on low until rice is tender this will be 20-25 minutes. You will want to stir this at least once while it is cooking.
- Stir in corn and cook for about 5 more minutes or until corn is tender and rice is done. You may need to add a little more water if the rice seems dry.
- Serve with cheese and enjoy!
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that they are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 1117mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 31g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.