If you love bakery style muffins these Chocolate Chip Muffins are a must try!
My family has been making these muffins for years. They are one of our all time favorite muffin recipes. I even have a gluten free version of them. So if you are gluten free be sure to check out my Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe I got out of a Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes cookbook I bought several months ago. I love the cookbook. The two recipes that I have tried so far have been great and I have quite a few more that I want try.
This week I wanted to send something to my husband’s office for a treat. Muffins are always popular, so I decided to see what I could find in the Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes. She had a recipe for chocolate chunk cupcakes, but they were very similar to a muffin.
The idea of a chocolate chip muffin sounded really good, so I decided to adapt them into a muffin recipe. I decreased the liquid and did some minor adjusting to the recipe. They turned out great!
If you love bakery style muffins I think you will love these!
These are definitely not a healthy muffin. They are a treat. I think they would be great as a cupcake with my chocolate frosting.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. This makes about 18 muffins.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This will take several minutes.
- Mix in eggs, 1 at a time. Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin cup filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to wire racks to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g