I love to spend time in the kitchen baking desserts, but I do not always have the time it takes to make them. So I am always trying to find new quick and easy desserts.
This Chocolate Coconut Pudding is just that, quick and easy. Plus, it is very good! This is actually a variation of a coconut pudding that I have been making for years.
One of the things I like about this is that you can serve it not only as a pudding, but you can spread it into a graham cracker crust for a quick and easy pie.
I also love this recipe because it is so easy my kids can make it. If you want to encourage your kids to cook on their own, recipes like this are perfect.
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 8 ounce of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl whisk the milk, extract, and pudding for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for about 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Stir in pudding and mix well.
- Fold in coconut and whipped topping.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.