I have been experimenting with my favorite cookie recipe. I wanted to try to make a cookie that had chocolate and toffee in it because I love that combination. I tried a few things and I finally came up with a really good version of a Chocolate Toffee Pecan Cookie.
These cookies are so good. I sent a plate full of them to work with my husband and everyone loved them. I also served them to some friends last week and they all liked them. I had trouble not eating them, they are so good. If you like chocolate and toffee give these a try.
These cookies are large cookies. They are made to be like a cookie you would be in a coffee shop or bakery. I have tried making them smaller and it changes the texture. You want these large.
- 2 c. plus 2 TB flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 TB butter melted
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 ounce English toffee bits
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, very finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325. In a bowl, mix dry ingredient.
- In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars until well blended. Add egg, yolk, and vanilla.
- Batter will appear slightly greasy.
- Add dry ingredients, until blended.
- Add chocolate chips, pecans, and toffee pieces.
- Scoop in ¼ c. balls onto cookie sheet. I use an ice cream scoop.
- Place 6 on each cookie sheet. You should only place 6 per sheet because these are large cookies and they spread out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.