Coconut, raspberries, and white chocolate combined together in a delicious cookie bar!
I am so glad to be back to my Cooking Through My Collection series. This is one of my favorite series that I have done. I love sharing a look into my cookbook collection and the recipes I try. I also hope that it inspires you to pull some of those cookbooks off your shelves and give something new a try from them.
Today’s recipe was one I tried a few weeks ago and we loved them. Seriously I ate way too many of these bars. I kind of regretting using a gluten free flour blend in them because the fact that they were gluten free meant I could eat them and eat them I did. So very good!
This recipe for coconut raspberry bars comes from the cookbook Taste of Home Baking. (That is an affiliate link.) It is no secret that I love Taste of Home, especially the older recipes from them.
I got this book a few years ago and I love it. Now that may seem odd because I eat gluten free, but I love taking the recipes from this book and making them gluten free. Almost every recipe that I have tried to adapt to gluten free from this book has worked. Now it is not a gluten free cookbook. This is a regular cookbook, but I have enjoyed adapting the recipes from it to gluten free.
I think this cookbook would be great for someone new to baking or that likes basic baking recipes. A lot of Taste Of Home’s recipes are on their website, but I like having them in a book for.
I decided to try this recipe recently because I was tired of chocolate. Well, I was not exactly tired of chocolate, but we had made quite a few chocolate desserts and I wanted to make something that did not involve regular chocolate. These bars were perfect. I loved them.
These bars would make a great potluck type dessert and I will probably use them for that soon. They were easy to make and if you cut them into small squares they would serve quite a few. And I think just about anyone would love these.
If you are gluten free just use a gluten free flour blend like I did. If you are not gluten free use just regular flour. This is one of those recipes that is easy to make either way.
If you love raspberries and white chocolate as much as I do these are a must try!
Coconut Raspberry Bars
Coconut Raspberry Bars are a delicious combination of white chocolate, raspberries, and coconut.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour ( I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 12 ounces raspberry jam, jelly, or preserves
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the butter mixture.
- Stir 1 1/4 cups coconut into batter,
- Press 3/4 of the dough into a 9x13 pan.
- Spread raspberry jelly/jam on top of crust.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining coconut.
- Crumble the remaining crust mixture on top and lightly press down.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is started to brown slightly.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
These coconut raspberry bars should be good with whatever jelly/jam is on hand. I like that they are versatile to make several flavors.