Cookies and brownies are combined into one delicious dessert with these Cookie Dough Brownies.
I have been making these cookie dough brownies for years. They are one of my all time favorite desserts.
I had not had these cookie dough brownies is over four years, but when I recently adapted them to gluten free I quickly remembered why they were so good. As I was eating them out of the pan, with a fork, at 10:00 at night, I told my husband that I should never make these again.
I did not mean because they were not good, it was because I could not stay away from them. I love these brownies. So today I am sharing both the original and the gluten free version with you.
A few weeks ago my daughter and I were watching a show on the Food Network and on the show they were making cookie dough truffles. My daughter was very impressed and decided that we needed to make something like that soon.
As I started to think about what we could make, I remembered these cookie dough brownies that I used to make all the time. They were not the same, but had the same cookie dough idea to them.
I started searching my site for the recipe, because I knew I must have shared them in my early days of blogging. I searched and searched my site, but could not find the recipe. I could not believe that I had never shared these with you, because they really are one of those desserts that I have made more times than I can count.
Today I am fixing that and am sharing the recipe. Don’t those look so good. A layer of brownie. A layer of cookie dough. Topped off by a layer of chocolate. Delicious!
I think the original recipe came from a Taste of Home in the early 90’s, but I am not sure, it could have been from a different magazine. I have adapted them some over the years, but it is the same basic idea as the original recipe.
If you have never made cookie dough brownies you need to. They are so delicious!
And if you are gluten free be sure to check out my gluten free cookie dough brownies.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cookie Dough Layer
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening or coconut oil
For the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 26-28 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
For the Cookie Dough Layer:
- Cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour to the mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spread cookie dough layer over cooled brownies.
For Chocolate Glaze:
- In a microwave melt chocolate and shortening on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spread over cookie dough layer. Let brownies set until firm. You can refrigerate these to firm them up more quickly.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.