This is a Martha Stewart recipe. I love her recipes and the minute I saw this one I knew it would be no exception. I love cookies and cream, so to combine it with a cheesecake sounded like a great idea.
This recipe is easy because you are making mini cheesecakes. My 9 year old daughter and I worked on these one Saturday afternoon and we had lots of fun making them. It was an easy, yet really good recipe for her to help me with. We worked on them together and then took them to a church dinner and they were a hit. I did not bring any home and that is always a sign of a good recipe.
The one thing about this recipe is that it makes a lot. This worked great for me because I was taking it somewhere, but if you are just making these for you to eat at home, I would half the recipe. The original recipe also said it made 30, I got 42 of them, which is more than my family would eat.
This recipe came from the Martha Stewart Cupcakes cookbook, but it is not exactly a cupcake.
- 54 Oreo cookies, this is about 1 1/3 packages, 42 left whole, 12 crushed/coarsely chopped ( use gluten free for gluten free version )
- 2 pounds of cream cheese, room temperature (and yes that is right, it is 2 lbs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners. Place one whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Scraping down sides as needed.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Slowly add eggs a bit at time, mixing well.
- Beat in sour cream and salt. Then stir in crushed cookies.
- Divide between muffin cups filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Mine took closer to 28 minutes, so just watch them. It may vary in your oven.
- Cool and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remover liners and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.