Cream cheese frosting is easy to make and makes even a simple cake taste special!
This is my favorite frosting recipe. I use it for all kinds of cakes and cupcakes. It is a no fail, easy recipe. It works for really nice fancy cakes, but it also makes a simple box cake seem special.
I use this on carrot or spice cakes. I use it on my banana bars. It works well for chocolate cake and also cupcakes. You really can’t go wrong with this frosting.
I can’t remember the last time I bought a can of frosting at the store. This recipe is so good and easy. I would much rather make it at home. If you have never made homemade frosting give this a try. You won’t go back to the stuff in a can.
My chocolate version works great for chocolate or yellow cakes. It is also really good.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Continue beating for 3-4 minutes or until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake, use it to frost a 9x13 cake, or cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.