During the warm weather and busy summer months my crock pot gets a work out. I use my crock pot all year long, but during the summer it works great for those warm days when I do not want to turn on the oven. These crock pot fajitas are perfect for days like that.
This recipe is actually a recipe redo of sorts from my early days of this blogging. I have changed the recipe a little bit over the years and the pictures desperately needed updating.
I love how easy this recipe is to make. I also love the fact that it is not totally made in the crock pot, so the onions and peppers stay nice and fresh. Now you could easily toss the onions and peppers in with the meat and cook it all day, but they will have a different texture that way. I prefer to quickly fry up the onions and peppers right before serving. I think the texture is a little better that way.
- 10 ounce can of tomatoes and green chilies ( I use Rotel)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 lbs round steak, cut into strips
- 1 envelope of fajita seasoning ( see note below)
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 tortillas
- Combine the first five ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving cook the onion and pepper in a few tablespoons of oil until slightly tender.
- Serve on tortillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 40g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.