I decided we needed something a little healthier in the midst of all the holiday candy that I have been sharing. I mean don’t get me wrong, we love Double Chocolate Chex Mix, Candy Bar Bark, and Maple Popcorn, but I still have to cook dinner every day.
This time of year though, I need quick and easy dinners. I need to put healthy homemade meals on the table without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. So this time of year, my Crock Pot gets a work out. It is an easy way to get dinner on the table in no time.
Today’s recipe is a simple Crock Pot Chicken Chili that is perfect for a busy day or really any day.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Place chicken into crock pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hour or until chicken is done.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.