This dairy-free banana bread is a recipe I was hesitant to label as dairy-free because it is a regular recipe that just happens to be dairy-free. This is a banana bread that everyone will enjoy, dairy-free or not.
My family has a few favorite banana bread recipes. One is a Martha Stewart banana bread recipe that I have been making for years.
It is hands down my favorite banana bread recipe and I shared it just a few months after I started this website. This means I so need to update the picture in that post. Regardless of the poor quality of the picture though, it is my all-time favorite banana bread recipe.
The recipe though contains dairy and my dairy-free banana-loving daughter has been missing her banana bread.
At first, I thought it would be easy to find a recipe for banana bread, but I quickly realized that most modern banana bread recipes have butter, yogurt, or sour cream in them. Those things all make for a great moist and delicious banana bread, but sometimes you just need a good dairy-free banana bread.
I finally found a recipe on Food Network that contained oil and no dairy. The Food Network usually has great recipes and it had good reviews so with a few minor tweaks we gave it a try. It was delicious! So good. It really is a regular banana bread that just happens to be dairy-free.
And for those of you needing gluten-free and dairy-free I have made this with Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Flour and it worked great. I also made a version that uses individual gluten-free flours and I will share that soon.
- 2 cups flour ( Or use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gf flour blend for gf version)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream together eggs, sugar, and oil. Add in bananas, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let set in pan for 10 minutes and remove from pan to wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g