Gluten Free Brown Sugar Waffles are a breakfast your family is sure to love!
These waffles are crisp on the outside, yet soft and delicious on the inside. They are just what a waffle should be.
What I loved about these waffles is that they didn’t really need anything. They were perfect just on their own. No butter. No syrup.
Now, my kids totally disagreed with me and loaded them up with butter and syrup, but to me they were sweet enough and had enough flavor, that I was perfectly happy just eating them on their own.
I think these would make a great grab and go, head out the door, busy morning, breakfast. Make a large batch and keep them in the freezer for quickly toasting or reheating on busy days.
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients. Whisking just until combined. The batter may still be slightly lumpy.
- Cook on heated waffle iron according to directions on the waffle iron.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 10g