This gluten-free chili cornbread casserole recipe is a great quick and easy gluten-free meal.
I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again, gluten-free can be quick and easy and taste great. And it does not have to contain a bunch of special ingredients.
This chili cornbread casserole is an example of that. It is so quick and easy to make and it is delicious. My whole family loves this casserole and I have been making it for years. If you are looking for a new gluten-free dinner to serve your family this fall and winter this is a great one to try.
This is also one of those recipes that no one will know is gluten-free. It is basically normal food that happens to be gluten-free. Those kind of meals are the best and often become our favorite gluten-free meals to serve to family and friends.
- 1 cup gluten free cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1- 14 3/4 ounce gluten-free cream style corn ( Most canned creamed corn is gluten-free, but be sure to read labels to be sure the one you are using is gluten-free.)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- In a skillet brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off fat and set meat aside.
- In a bowl combine gluten-free cornmeal, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine eggs, creamed corn, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Carefully layer ground beef, cheese, and green chilies on top of the batter.
- Carefully spread the remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 727mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.