Gluten free can be easy and delicious! Gluten Free Chocolate Pound Cake is so good no one will know that it is gluten free.
I know I say it a lot, but gluten free food doesn’t have to taste bad. It also doesn’t have to be complicated.
Gluten free recipes can be easy and delicious. They can be recipes that anyone can make. In fact, they should be easy and delicious.
The trick to getting a really good gluten free dessert is the ingredients. Sometimes gluten free flour blends work fine, but other times the individual flours work best.
For this recipe the individual gluten free flours work best. Don’t let that stop you though from making this. This cake is easy to make and the ingredients are worth it.
Sour cream is another important ingredient in this cake. It helps the taste and texture. This cake is rich and delicious.
I really hope you all do not get tired of my gluten free chocolate desserts, because gluten free chocolate desserts are some of my favorites.
I love pound cake and I love chocolate, so I knew I needed to adapt a chocolate pound cake to be gluten free. I have been making this recipe for at least eight years and it is still a favorite!
Now, I know this is not a healthy dessert, but it is a dessert after all and we can all use a treat once in awhile.
This cake is great on it’s own, but is is also delicious with homemade chocolate whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a mixer cream together the butter, sour cream, and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients. Slowly add to creamed mixture, beating well for about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour an 15 minutes. Test doneness with a toothpick. Mine took about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g