Need a simple way to make your dessert more special? Try homemade chocolate whipped cream!
I have been making homemade chocolate whipped cream for years. It is so good!
If you need an easy way to take a simple dessert or cake and more it special you need to try making chocolate whipped cream.
Chocolate whipping cream can be used for many different things. You can serve it with a bowl of fresh fruit or berries. You can use it as a fruit dip.
It is also delicious served with Angel food cake, pound cake, pie, or any other dessert that you would serve whipped cream on.
I have even spread it on top of cake for an easy and different type of frosting.
I have used it as a fun way to make hot chocolate or coffee more fun. I have several family members that love a spoonful of this in their coffee.
Chocolate whipping cream is actually an easy way to make coffee and hot chocolate a little special during the holidays or anytime you have a group of friends or family over.
No matter how you serve it, it is an easy way to make dessert extra special.
Tomorrow I will be sharing the recipe for the chocolate angel food cake in the picture. It is so good. I will be sharing the gluten free version as well!
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Sift powdered sugar and cocoa. You must sift this to avoid lumps in the whipped cream.
If you don't have a sifter us a whisk to combine sugar and cocoa and whisk out any lumps.
- Whip cream in a mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Then slowly add sugar/cocoa mixture to whipped cream about 2 tablespoons at a time until the whipped cream is whipped well.
- Do not over whip or you will have chocolate butter. You want it stiff, but not too thick.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Originally published November 27, 2009. Updated June 15, 2019.