Oatmeal raisin cookies are one of those cookies that almost everyone knows and loves. And since it was one of those cookies that everyone loves, I knew I had to make it gluten free.
The sorghum in this recipe pairs very nicely with the oatmeal and raisins. The flavors just seem to go together. These cookies also have a lot of raisins in them, I mean it is not an oatmeal raisin cookie without a lot of raisins is it?!
These gluten free cookies are the perfect cookie to keep in the freezer for quick lunch box desserts or after school treats.
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned gluten free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- In a bowl combine sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together butter and sugar until well combined. These mix well by hand.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour/oat mixture and stir until combined. Add raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then remove to cooling rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.