Quick, easy, and family friendly dinners are a must for most of our busy lifestyles. And yet we still want those dinners to be pretty healthy and budget friendly.
I think those reasons are why you all love my homemade hamburger helpers so much. They are quick and easy and the whole family loves them.
This chili helper is a version I came up with awhile ago and my kids love it. Serve with with salad or other vegetables and you will have dinner on the table in no time.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth ( Or use water and beef bouillon)
- 1 cup milk (If you are using gluten free pasta you might need a little extra liquid)
- 1- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1- 16 ounce can chili beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni or other pasta or gluten free macaroni
- salt to taste
- In a pan brown ground beef until done. Drain off any fat.
- Add beef broth, milk, tomatoes, and chili beans. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 17-20 minutes or until pasta is done. Stir once while cooking and test pasta at 17 minutes, if needed cook a few more minutes.
- Stir in cheese and serve.
If you are gluten-free use gluten-free pasta and read labels to make sure your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1148mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 38g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.