I think I am addicted to chocolate covered craisins, otherwise known as cranberry raisinets. They are so good and I have been eating way too many of them.
As I was eating my cranberry raisinets recently, I thought that I could easily make a version of these myself at home.
They are basically just chocolate and craisins after all. I also knew that an at home version would be a little healthier. Not only that I knew I could make them cheaper than I could buy them.
So, I decided to give it a try and see what I could come up with. I am so glad I tried this.
The at home version is as good, if not better, than the real ones. Seriously these are so good and so easy to make.
My kids loved them and have been eating them like crazy the last few days. I will definitely be making more of these soon because the batch I made is already gone.
If you want to make these a little healthier, and higher in antioxidants, you could easily use a high-quality dark chocolate. I love dark chocolate so I think they would be really good that way.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces of craisins
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add craisins and stir until well combined and mixed together.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet that has been lined with waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
- Remove from waxed paper and enjoy!
- I like the chocolate on these to stay firm so I suggest storing them in the refrigerator, that is if you can avoid eating them all.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 39gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.