Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins are a cross between a muffin and baked oatmeal. They combine oats and pumpkin into a delicious muffin perfect for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and even dessert.
It is no secret that we love muffins at our house. They are easy to make and everyone loves them. They also freeze well so they are a great thing to make and keep in the freezer for busy days.
Gluten Free Oat Muffins
They are easy to make gluten free because they contain oats, not flour, so as long as your oats are gluten free, these are a fun gluten free treat.
These muffins are actually flourless, but they do contain oats. In fact, you are basically making oat flour by grinding the oats.
You could use gluten free oat flour in place of the oats. If you make them that way you will need about 2 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour in place of the oats.
Chocolate chips are optional for this recipe, but they are a fun treat to add.
- oats, quick cooking, or old fashioned oats will work, for gluten free version use gluten free oats
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- canned pumpkin
- chocolate chips, optional
- 3 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats, use gluten free oats for gluten free version
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a blender grind oats until ground fine and flour like. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together milk, butter, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Add ground oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine well.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Scoop into muffin pan, dividing evenly amount muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Best served warm but can be eaten cooled too. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
For gluten free version be sure to use gluten free oats and read label to make sure that your ingredients like chocolate chips are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
More Muffin Recipes
Skip the store bought muffins and make them at home!