Oven Baked Chicken Legs are easy to make using just a couple of ingredients. This is one of those recipes that anyone can make. Even the non cook can master this easy dinner recipe.
Often times we complicate food. We make it way too time consuming. We add way too many ingredients. Some of the best meals though end up being the ones with the simplest ingredients.
I got chicken on sale recently and cooked it for dinner. All I did was put a little bit of seasoning on it and baked it. Nothing fancy or complicated. The whole family loved it. It was a reminder that easy is often the best.
What do you need to make oven baked chicken?
- Seasoning Salt
How do you make oven baked chicken?
There are many ways to make oven baked chicken. I like to keep it simple with a basic seasoning, like seasoning salt, rubbed on the chicken. Then all you have to do is bake it at about 425 for 40-50 minutes depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
Can I use other cuts of chicken for oven baked chicken legs?
Yes, you can. Obviously they wouldn’t be oven baked chicken legs, they would be oven bake chicken thighs or oven baked chicken breasts, but other cuts of chicken will work. You just have to adjust the cooking time.
- 6 chicken legs (or whatever amount you want to cook)
- 2 teaspoons (or so) seasoning salt- Amount may vary depending on amount of chicken and the flavor you want.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Rub seasoning salt all over the outside of the chicken legs.
- Place chicken in an oven safe 9x9 or 11x7 or similar size dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done. If the chicken pieces are large it may take closer to 50 minutes.
I like to use the homemade version of Paula Deen’s seasoning salt but any seasoning salt will work.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 341mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 65g