Pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes is a delicious 30 minutes or less dinner.
It is the time of year that our garden is producing a ton of cherry tomatoes. The rest of our garden did not do well this year, but the cherry tomatoes are growing like crazy.
I shared on Facebook recently that I was looking for ways to use up all the cherry tomatoes that we had.
The pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes recipe that I am sharing today is another recipe that we have been loving. This recipe is great because it doesn’t require you to turn on the oven.
This is a simple recipe. It is not fancy or very pretty, but it is an easy and delicious dinner.
It uses basic ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make. I have been using garden fresh tomatoes, but this is a recipe that would work all year long.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 ounces full cooked Italian or kielbasa type sausage, cut into
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces cooked spaghetti or other pasta, gluten free pasta works well
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking heat oil in pan.
- Add sausage. Cook stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and garlic. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and juice is starting to come out.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add butter to hot pasta and stir to coat pasta.
- Add tomato mixture to pasta. Stir well.
- Serve as is or with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 685mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g