Pasta with roasted vegetables is a simple summer supper. Add meat for a main course or serve it with just vegetables and pasta for a delicious side dish.
During the summer I avoid turning on the oven as much as possible. Roasting vegetables though is one of the exceptions.
My kids aren’t huge vegetable eaters. Most kids aren’t. Just keeping it real for you…But they will eat roasted vegetables. There is something about roasting the vegetables that gives them a flavor the whole family loves.
I love roasting vegetables and using them like this recipe today because it is easy. It is also a good clean out the fridge meal. I just use whatever vegetables that need used up. The same thing goes for the meat. I use whatever sausage I have on hand. I have even used bacon and it works great too.
Roasted vegetables are great on their own, but I love adding the meat and pasta to make it a meal. The leftovers are also great the next day for lunch.
- 6 cups sliced vegetables, onions, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, etc. (Mushrooms are good too)
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Italian or other similar sausage ( Bacon works too) Or leave meatless for a side dish
- 16-ounce spaghetti or other pasta, cooked reserving 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta ( I used gluten-free pasta)
- Cheese, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 6 cups of vegetables and sausage on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine oil, seasoning, and salt. Drizzle over vegetables and stir to coat well.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add tomatoes.
- Return to oven and bake for about 10 more minutes or until tomatoes and vegetables are tender and meat is cooked through.
- Toss vegetables and meat with cooked pasta. Add some of the reserved pasta water. Continuing adding water until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with cheese if desired.
If using a cooked sausage or a kielbasa type sausage add sausage with tomatoes instead of with the vegetables because it will not need to cook as long.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure the ingredients are gluten-free and use gluten-free pasta.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 10gSugar: 15gProtein: 12g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.