Skip the expensive store bought granola and make it at home with this Peanut Butter Chex Granola Recipe.
I have been making homemade granola for years. Not only is it cheaper to make at home but making it at home also lets you control the ingredients.
Homemade granola can be made just how you like it!
For this granola recipe, I took my Homemade Chex Granola Recipe and changed it up by adding peanut butter.
This homemade granola has the perfect amount of crunch. It is delicious in a bowl with milk, with yogurt, or on its own as a snack.
Is granola gluten free?
Most granola is not gluten free because it is not made with gluten free oats.
When you make it at home though you can control the ingredients. You can use gluten free oats and you can be sure that all your ingredients are gluten free.
For this granola Recipe, you need to use gluten free oats and gluten free Chex cereal. Not all Chex cereal is gluten free so be sure to use one of the gluten free flavors.
Can I make this peanut butter free?
Yes, you can make this with a nut free butter like SunButter or WowButter. You also need to make sure that your Chex cereal is nut free and safe for someone with a nut allergy.
Stirring in peanuts or chocolate chips after ten minutes of baking is a fun way to change up the recipe.
- chocolate chips
- mini chocolate chips
Homemade granola is easy to make with just a few basic ingredients.
- brown sugar
- Chex cereal, rice, corn, vanilla, chocolate, other, or a mix of two or three flavors
- quick oats or gluten free quick oats
- peanuts, optional
- chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips, optional
More Homemade Granola Recipes
- Mounds Bar Granola Recipe
- Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
- Homemade Chocolate Granola
- Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Granola Recipe
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups chex cereal, rice, corn, vanilla, other flavor, or a mix of flavors
- 4 cups quick oats or gluten free quick oats for gluten free version
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats and cereal. Set aside.
- In a small pan mix brown sugar, oil, and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add sugar/oil mixture to oats and cereal and stir until everything is coated well.
- Spread on a large cookie sheet or jelly roll type pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Stir and turn off the oven.
- Sprinkle on peanuts and chocolate chips if using.
- Put granola back into the oven for 2-3 hours. The heat left in the oven will finish cooking this.
- Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
If you are gluten free be sure to use a gluten free Chex cereal and gluten free oats.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 23gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.