The classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter in this delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal.
Peanut butter chocolate baked oatmeal anyone?
My family loves baked oatmeal, but you may have guessed that if you read my menu plans each week. We eat it often this time of year.
I shared my first baked oatmeal, which was for peanut butter baked oatmeal, back in 2009. Since then I have shared many baked oatmeal recipes, but the peanut butter baked oatmeal and the different versions of it that I make remain a favorite for my family.
I have shared in the past how I add chocolate to my peanut butter baked oatmeal recipe, but I have never shared the exact recipe.
Since this week is Christmas, and baked oatmeal makes a great Christmas morning breakfast, I thought it was the perfect time to share my peanut butter chocolate baked oatmeal.
If you want a quick and easy breakfast for Christmas or really any day make up a pan of this oatmeal along with my cinnamon roll baked oatmeal or triple berry baked oatmeal or really any of my baked oatmeal recipes and you will have a breakfast everyone is sure to love.
One of the things I love about baked oatmeal is that it is easy to make ahead. You can simply reheat it for serving, you can freeze it and then reheat it for serving.
Or you can do what I usually do and make it up the night before, but don’t cook it. Just put it in the fridge overnight. Take it out of the fridge in the morning and let it set out for about 1 hour to come to room temperature and then bake it. It really is a quick and easy breakfast that you can make ahead.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats ( For gluten free version use gluten free quick oats)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter ( Soy or Sunbutter work well also)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine oats, brown sugar, milk, butter, eggs, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and peanut butter. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little crunchy on top and not as moist, cook for a few minutes longer.
- Serve as is or with warm milk poured over top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 368mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 9g