Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect fall muffin!
We really like pumpkin desserts in our house. One of the things that we love about fall foods are all pumpkin recipes and these muffins are one of our favorites.
I have been making this recipe for years. I don’t even remember where the recipe came from.
My kids love them, so it is one of my go to fall muffin recipes. My daughter likes them so much she wanted them instead of a birthday cake one year when she was younger.
I decided to make them into a cake. I doubled the recipe and made it in a 9×13 pan and used cool whip as the frosting. She thought it was great. It was good, but our favorite way to eat them is still as muffins.
I used to make these a little healthier, using whole wheat pastry flour in them. It worked really well and no one complained about the whole wheat in them. Now I make them gluten free using Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour blend.
Yes, I used to use whole wheat flour all the time and now I use gluten free. The last ten years has brought a lot of changes in our cooking, but no matter how you make these, they are delicious!
We love these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfast or for snacks. I have sent them to work many times with my husband and his staff at work loves them.
If you are looking for a delicious pumpkin muffin recipe give this one a try!
Love pumpkin and want more pumpkin recipes? You might enjoy some of our favorites!
- Pumpkin Dump Cake without Cake Mix
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1- 15 ounce can pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (for a gluten free version use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour, for a whole wheat version use part whole wheat pastry flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water.
- In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-21 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about five minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g