Taco Salad Casserole is a quick and easy family friendly dinner!
Taco Salad Casserole is an idea I first got from my mom. She described a casserole that a friend had made for them and it sounded delicious. She did not have the recipe so I kind of made it up by how my mom described it.
I have no idea if my version of this casserole tastes anything like the version my my mom had, but my family loved it.
What I love about this casserole is that it is quick and easy to make and contains everyday ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
I recently made this casserole for a lunch staff meeting at my husband’s office. I made the casserole and sent all the toppings for it along with a bag of chips. Everyone loved it!
I also love that this is regular food that just happens to be gluten free. As long as you use gluten free taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning this is gluten free. I love meals like that!
Taco Salad Casserole
Change up taco night with taco salad casserole.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 – 16 ounce can refried beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning or use homemade taco seasoning, see notes below
- 3 cups crushed tortilla or corn chips
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 – 6 ounce can olives sliced
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar, Monterey jack, or pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Cook ground beef and green pepper in a skillet until beef is browned and done and green pepper is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning.
- Spread in a 9x13 pan or similar sized casserole dish.
- Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips on top.
- Bake at 375 for 18 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining ingredients and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 659Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1312mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 39g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
sounds really, really good!
Yes, that was Sharon’s & a really good tasty dish it was.
She made it again for S&S when they were both recovering last week.
We could probably get the original recipe, though she may just ad lib it.
I’m not sure if it’s my phone or if I’m crazy, but all I see are ingredients and nutrition info – no instructions for making the casserole. I’m sure it’s not difficult, but I’m wondering how you make it.
I am so sorry about that. It is not your phone. They were missing. I just fixed it so that the directions are included. I am working on updating all my old recipes into a new format that includes nutrition, etc. When this one got put into the new format this week the directions got left out. Thanks for letting me know so that I could fix it.