If you love chocolate this brownie is for you.
So dense and rich. And oh so good!
These are so good that my husband, who is not a huge chocolate fan, requested that I make them for his birthday a few weeks ago. And of course, I willing to make them because in my opinion, you can never have too much chocolate.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks (this is 60% cacao type chocolate, I use ghirardelli chips)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper with oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a heat-proof bowl place butter, sugar, and bittersweet chocolate. Microwave until chocolate is melted. I stir this every 30 seconds or so until it is melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted whisk in eggs, water, and vanilla. Then whisk in cocoa mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan and then carefully lift parchment paper out of the pan to remove brownies and cut into squares.
- This is a rich and dense brownie so you can cut these small.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that the ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.