This is a great frugal meal. It is quick and easy. It says it serves four. We have a family of five and I usually double it and make six burgers. This recipe came from a Taste Of Home magazine from 1993 or 1994. I just love the old Taste Of Home recipes. For more frugal tuna recipes see frugalupstate.
I usually like to post pictures with my recipes but I don’t have one of these. Sorry 🙁
- 1 can (6 to 7 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery (optional, I leave it out)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce, optional
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
In a bowl, combine tuna, bread crumbs, celery, mayonnaise, onion, chili sauce and egg. shape into four patties. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties for about 4-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.