Easy Potato Casserole

My kids and I really enjoy scalloped potatoes. My husband does not like them at all. He says he ate too many of them growing up. Since my husband does not like them I rarely make them.

A while ago I came a across a potato casserole recipe in a Gourmet magazine that caught my attention. It was kind of like scalloped potatoes, but not. I thought my husband might like this recipe, plus it was really easy. He did, in fact we all did. It is a simple recipe. This is not fancy, but it makes a great side dish to roast, meatloaf, or even chicken.

For more great recipes and ideas see Tammy’s Recipes and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. This is also posted at Blissfully Domestic.

Have you entered my apron give away? Go here to find details.

Comments

Yummy! Thanks again for the peanut butter cake recipe. It was such a winner.

2. Donna~Blessed Nest says:

prefect for Easter!

3. This sounds delish! 😀 We love potato dishes!

4. This sounds like the best of both worlds. Once it is in the dish, I can top it toward the end of time with cheese for those who like cheese and for those of us who don’t — we don’t get left out! YEAH.

Thanks.

PS. My verficiation word is lotto. Which is fitting since I feel like I just won the jackpot with this recipe!

5. This sounds really good. And I even have some potatoes that I need to use up.

6. Cant wait to try this, sounds so good ! Thank you for sharing, have a very blessed day.

7. newlyweds says:

Looks so good, I rarely make scalloped potatoes either.

8. sounds delicious!!!

9. I love potatoes too and this looks extra easy!

10. Shynea @ Mornings With Mom says:

I love casseroles and I love potatoes. You have combined two of my favorite things together. I am going to try this sometime soon. Thank you so much for the recipe.

11. Jerri - Simply Sweet Home says:

Looks great. I love dishes like this. I’ll have to make this soon.

12. This sounds really good, and healthier than the potatoes au gratin too.

13. Made it last night, but threw some cubed up ham in it. After putting it on the plates, sprinkled shredded cheddar for the cheese lovers on theirs.

Everyone loved it. Loved it. 9 of us. I’d say that was a great success. And so simple.

Keep ’em coming!

14. Kelly Smith says:

Genius! Cannot wait to try it.

15. pattycake says:

My son loves this, I make it at least once a week