If you need an easy side dish for dinner this one pot, buttered rice with spinach is a must make. This recipe combines a side dish and vegetable into one.
I am keeping it really simple with this recipe.
It is no secret that I love quick and easy recipes. When it comes to side dishes though I need them to be extra quick and easy.
Most nights I don’t have a lot of time to make complicated side dishes and vegetables for dinner. One of the ways that I have found to make side dishes super easy is to combine the side dish and vegetables into one dish.
This six-ingredient buttered rice with spinach is all those things in one. It is a quick and easy side dish that is a side dish and vegetable all in one.
And don’t worry you don’t have to be a spinach lover to enjoy this one. I don’t love spinach and I love this buttered rice with spinach.
- fresh spinach
- long grain white rice
- chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounce, fresh spinach
- 2 cups long grain white rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- Melt butter in a pan or skillet with lid.
- Add garlic and spinach. Cook just until spinach starts to wilt.
- Stir in rice. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until rice is well coated and is starting to turn opaque.
- Add chicken broth and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to low.
- Cover and let cook for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir and serve.
If you are gluten free be sure to use gluten free chicken broth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.