I found this coconut panna cotta recipe in an allergy free cookbook. This is perfect for those of you that are allergic to dairy, or that know someone that is. But even if you do not have any food allergies, this one is worth making. We don’t have any dairy issues in our family and we still love this dessert.
Not only is it good, it is a perfect summertime dessert. This would go really good with just about any fruit that is in season. It works with berries, peaches, or even something like mangos. You could even leave the fruit off and it would still be good.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Place water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the top. Mix slightly and set aside.
- Heat coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. This takes just a few minutes, but you do not want to boil.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into custard or similar cups (you can put this in anything to firm up, but custard cups make the best presentation)
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- You can either unmold or serve in cups.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.