Gluten free pumpkin cookies are a delicious gluten free cookie perfect for the fall and holidays!
Did you know that October 26, is National Pumpkin Day?
Yes, they do have a day for almost everything don’t they. There is no way I can keep up with all the food holidays, but I decided that since pumpkin pairs so well with gluten free baking, I had to share one of my new favorite gluten free cookies with you.
This easy gluten free pumpkin cookie is perfect for fall. I loved this cookie because it is a fluffy cake like cookie, which is very nice for a change.
I love crispy and chewy, but the cake like texture of these cookies was perfect for a pumpkin cookie.
If you are looking for a fun fall gluten free cookie and love pumpkin this gluten free pumpkin cookie is a must try.
This recipe calls for the individual gluten free flours, but I have used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 blend. I think the individual flours work the best, but if you don’t have them Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 blend will work.
Love pumpkin recipes? Try one of these delicious gluten free pumpkin recipes.
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies using gluten free oats
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- 2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 14 ounce can pumpkin, solid packed pumpkin not pie filling
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free chocolate chips
- Whisk together rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt , cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a bowl and mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g