Chocolate and pumpkin are combined in this gluten free chocolate pumpkin bread. It is a delicious treat for the fall and holidays.
Pumpkin and the fall and holidays just go together. If you love pumpkin and eat gluten free, this gluten free pumpkin bread is a must make.
Doesn’t that look delicious?!
It is full of chocolate and is so good. This is one of those holiday recipes that no one will know is gluten free.
This pumpkin bread is great for dessert, but it is also a fun gluten free treat to serve for a holiday breakfast.
Can I use a gluten free flour blend
This recipe uses individual flours and for the best results that is what I recommend. You can use a gluten free blend, but it will not have quite the same taste and texture.
- white rice flour – brown rice flour will work, but white rice flour will give it a better texutre
- potato starch
- tapioca starch – can also be labeled tapioca flour in the U.S.
- xanthan gum
- dutch processed baking cocoa – be sure to use dutch processed baking cocoa, not regular baking cocoa
- baking soda
- pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- gluten free chocolate chips – these are optional, but it is so much better with some chocolate chips stirred in.
Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin and chocolate combined into a delicious gluten free treat.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup dutch processed baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together white rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, cocoa, and xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack to cool.
You can use a gluten free flour blend in place of the individual flours and xathan gum, but it will have a better taste and texture as written in the recipe with the individual gluten free flours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
More Gluten Free Bread Recipes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Friendship Bread
- Gluten Free Applesauce Bread
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread – follow the directions for making it gluten free.
- Starbucks Gluten Free Style Pumpkin Bread
Leave a Reply