Chocolate and quinoa together in a cookie may not be your average way to use quinoa, but it is so good. Seriously, stay with me on this one, because these are really good.
Now, these are still a cookie, but since quinoa is so healthy, they are a pretty healthy cookie. And really you can hardly tell there is quinoa in them.
Even my kids loved these. These are a healthy gluten free cookie that everyone will enjoy.
Gluten Free Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
Gluten Free Chocolate Quinoa Cookies. So good you won't know that they contain quinoa.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa ( unsweetened cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix until well blended.
- Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter sugar mixture and mix just until well blended in.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 inch balls onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and center is still soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
I’ll have to try these. I’ve been trying to get more quinoa into our diet and these look like they’d be delicious.
A++! Another delicious recipe Lynn. Keep up the great work!
Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed them. I love sharing healthy and delicious recipes. Ok, well maybe this one is semi healthy. 🙂
I’ll bet these are quite chocolatey with 3/4 cup of cocoa in them AND 2 cups of chocolate chips! Yeah, they are more on the semi-healthy side what with the butter and sugar and starch, but then again, they are cookies. And they have whole grain, protein from the quinoa and eggs, and cocoa itself has a lot of healthy flavonoids. I have hungry teenagers so I’d give them a try. Thanks!