I made raspberry lemonade recently when we had friends over for dinner and I think it was the hit of the party.
I made regular homemade lemonade and one pitcher of homemade raspberry lemonade. Well, I should have made more raspberry lemonade because it was gone in no time.
I have never made homemade lemonade until recently and I can not believe I waited so long to try it. It is so easy and so good. It will be hard to go back to lemonade from the store after tasting the real thing. This will definitely be a treat I make again this summer.
Have any of you made homemade lemonade or homemade raspberry lemonade before?
(And please imagine a beautiful glass of raspberry lemonade here. The only picture I got of the lemonade was the above picture of it next to the food on the table. It is hard to play food blogger/photographer when you have a house full of company.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 ½ cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice (This is real juice squeezed from lemons not the bottled stuff)
- ¾ - 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Heat raspberries on low heat to release some of the juices. Mash and stir will heating. You do not really want to cook these, just help to release some of the juice. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and set aside.
- In a pan combine the sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Let cool slightly.
- In a pitcher combine sugar water/syrup with lemon juice, remaining water, and raspberries. Stir well and chill.
- Stir before serving and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.