Bananas, oatmeal, and chocolate are a delicious combination in Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Banana Cookies. The recipe includes a gluten free version too!
This week I am sharing another cookie recipe for my Year of Martha Stewart Cooking Challenge. I think this is the fourth cookie recipe that I have shared for my challenge.
I guess that means that I really love Martha Stewart cookie recipes. They are some of the best cookie recipes that I have tried. They almost always turn out amazing.
The recipe I am sharing today is actually one that I changed up. I took Martha Stewart’s Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie from Martha Stewart’s Cookies cookbooks and made them better with more chocolate.
More chocolate is always a good thing!
I am also sharing how I made them gluten free. The gluten free version turn out delicious too!
Martha Stewart Cookies Cookbook
The recipe that I adapted, Chocolate Banana Cookies, comes from Martha Stewart’s Cookies Cookbook that was published in 2008.
I bought this cookbook in 2008 shortly after it was published. It quickly became one of my most used Martha Stewart cookbooks.
One of the things I love about this cookbook is how it is set up. It is divided into sections for the different type of cookies.
It has a section for soft and chewy cookies, one for crispy and crunchy, one for chunky and nutty, and more. You can pick the recipe based on the type of cookie that you love.
I love the basic recipes in this book. I enjoy adapting the recipes to make them gluten-free or to change them up slightly like I did the recipe today.
- flour or gluten-free flour blend
- baking soda
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- ripe banana
- old-fashioned rolled oats or gluten-free oats
- chocolate chips
Need more cookie recipes?
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Martha Stewart's Chocolate Banana Cookies with Gluten-Free Option
Banana, oatmeal, and chocolate are combined in Martha Stewart's Chocolate Banana Cookies. They are easy and delicious. They can also be made gluten free.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats or gluten-free oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. Mix in banana.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips.
- Using drop dough onto baking sheets using a cookie scoop or use a heaping tablespoon full. Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
The gluten-free version was tested with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free blend. Other gluten-free blends may work, but they have not been tested. For the gluten-free version also use gluten-free oats and gluten-free chocolate chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Leave a Reply