No-Bake Cookie Cake takes the classic no-bake cookie and turns it into a cake!
My son’s birthday was a last month. When I asked him what he wanted for dessert on his birthday he said that he wanted a no-bake cookie cake.
I was not sure exactly what he meant so I asked him a few questions.
He said he wanted me to make my no-bake cookie recipe and turn it into a cake.
I have made no-bake cookies into a bar with my no-bake cookie bar recipe but wasn’t sure how it would work as a cake. I had never seen it made into a cake recipe, but I was willing to give it a try.
My daughter has a peanut allergy so instead of using the classic no-bake cookie recipe I used my Peanut Butter Free No-Bake Cookie Recipe.
All I did for this was pour the batter into a nine inch cake pan. It worked great!
When we cut the cake we cut big pieces. My son loved the big pieces. For the rest of us they were way too big, so we cut them down into much smaller pieces.
My son loved the no-bake cookie cake and it was a fun way to change up a birthday dessert.
And I didn’t originally plan to share the recipe for this, but since it turned out so well I decided to share the recipe with you. Please ignore the not so great pictures that I quickly took on my son’s birthday.
- vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats ( gluten free quick oats for gluten free version)
- chocolate chip
Now for the recipe and how I made it!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats ( for gluten-free version use gluten-free quick oats)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Bring the first four ingredients to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, oatmeal, and chocolate chips, and stir until combined and the chocolate chips have melted.
- Pour into a round cake pan. A 9-inch or 10-inch pan works great. (If you are going to serve this on a cake platter or plate, line the pan with parchment paper to make removing from pan easier.)
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- These will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g