Microwave Blueberry Cobbler makes blueberry cobbler easy.
One of the best things about summer is all the summer produce. Fresh fruits and vegetables are plentiful. They are delicious on their own, but they are also fun to cook with.
I grew up in Oregon. One of the best things about Oregon is all the berries during the summer.
Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries all grow well in the western part of Oregon and Washington.
We made cobblers and crisps from fresh berries during the summer. The rest of the year we made desserts and muffins with the berries we froze from the summer harvest.
Cobblers and crisps are classic old fashioned desserts. They can vary by region of the country, but they are all the same basic fruit dessert with a crust or topping.
I love a good cobbler made in the oven. Paula Deen’s Peach Cobler is one of my favorites. But several years ago I started making cobblers in the microwave in order to avoid turning on the oven during the heat of the summer.
I recently made this Microwave Blueberry Cobbler and it was gone within a few hours. My family loves the blueberry version of microwave cobbler.
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick oats ( I use gluten free quick oats)
- 1/2 cup flour ( I use a gluten free flour blend)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Place blueberries in a bowl. Add 1/2 regular sugar and cornstarch. Stir just until blueberries are coated with sugar and cornstarch.
- Place blueberries in a 9 or 10 inch deep dish pie plate or quiche pan that is microwave safe.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, oats, and flour. Cut in butter using a fork or pastry blender until in butter is pea sized and the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over peaches.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until blueberries are soft and cooked.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 2g